Street Fighter The Legend of Chun-li, remember that the movie is coming out in february ? well a trailer is here to remind us of that.
The trailer is in japanese and in a tiny flash format but it is enough for you to see that bison wears a white soon in this movie, and when i say a suit i mean a business suit with a tie. Oh did i mention he has a goatie ?
I will post my impression on the trailer later in the day, in the mean time let me know what you guys think of the trailer.
Special Thanx to Jason Wong for the head's up.
Edit: Check out The youtube Video of the Trailer:
What do i think of the trailer ? let's just say that my hopes went down after watching the trailer. I am, of course, not judging the full movie, but based on this trailer i see a LOT of missed opportunities. But to be fair i am gonna divide my impressions into two categories: Pros and Cons
- Action looks good.
- Chun-li throws kikoken in the movie
- the vega fight looks great
- Bison wears a white suite and a tie ??? has a goatie ???? CMOOOON
- too much guns and explosives for a street fighter movie
- gen looks like chun-li's older brother and not like an old assasin
- chun-li is wearing black in most of the action sequences shown in the trailer
- no familiar costumes for the characters.
- Gen can form ki balls now ???
I do understand that the producers of the movie have said that they won't make bison wearing his video game uniform for the sake of realism. But if chun-li can throw kikokens in the movie i dont know why bison cannot wear a military suite, i think the average movie goer can believe bison wearing a military red suite with a hat more than a kikoken.
The movie does look like a decent hong kong action flick but really does not feel like street fighter.
I really do not understand why does a street fighter movie have to be realistic in this age where people enjoy watching movies that have big robots, wall sticking super heroes and flying human beings. Here is hoping there is still a good story behind this action flick.